Our commitment to your privacyWINE‑SENSE, LTD owns this website, which you’re accessing through your visit to wine-sense.net. Your privacy is important to us, so we’re providing this policy to explain our online information practices and to present the choices you can make that will determine how your information is collected and used. To make this policy easy to find, we’ve made it available on the homepage and at every point on the website where we request any Personal Identifiable Information (PII). We ask that you read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we handle it. By accessing or using the website, you’re agreeing to this policy. If you don’t agree with this policy, please do not use the website.
When and why do we collect information about you?We may collect personal information when you visit our website, place items in your shopping cart, place an order online, place an order by phone, make an in-store purchase, fill in forms on the website, open our emails, or contact us with a question or concern. We do this to maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make. If you opt-in to receive our newsletters or request that we send you a purchase receipt via email, your name and email address are automatically added into our database. When you visit the website or download information, our system may automatically gather and store certain information about your visit, such as your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our site, and details regarding your use of our site. This information does not identify you personally but may be used in an aggregate way to track how many visits the site receives and to help us improve the website. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our website.
What kind of information do we collect?The categories of personal information we may collect include the following:
- phone number
- credit/debit card details
- delivery instructions for your orders
- records of your correspondence with us
- details about the fulfillment of your orders
- whether you open our emails and/or click the links we send you
- whether you click-through to our website from external links
How do we use your information?We may use your information in the following ways:
- To present our website and its contents to you
- To recognize you when you return to our site
- To save information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your individual interests
- To provide products, services, or information that you request from us
- To communicate with you about products or services we offer
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
When do we disclose your information?When you provide information about yourself when placing an order, we use that information only to complete the order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide you with the products or services you have requested and to communicate with you about the order. In the course of transacting business, we may be required to share certain information with the following entities:
- Contractors, vendors, service providers, or other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- Government or regulatory bodies to comply with any court order, law, or legal process
- Companies and organizations engaged in fraud protection and credit risk reduction if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WINE‑SENSE, LTD, our customers, or others
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WINE‑SENSE, LTD’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WINE‑SENSE, LTD about our site users is among the assets transferred
About external linksThis website may contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to review the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
How to access or correct your informationYou can contact us at any time to request details of any personal information we have about you, change/correct that information, ask us to delete any or all personal information, or express any concern you may have about our use of your data. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you’ve registered for an account on our website, you can update your name, email, and certain communication preferences via the My Account section on the MY WINE‑SENSE page. If you subscribed to our mailing list, you can remove yourself by clicking the “Unsubscribe” in any of the emails you receive. If you need to update your address, please contact us as described below.
Our commitment to data securityTo prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we’ve put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information across the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website. Your transmission of personal information is undertaken at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention of privacy settings or security measures implemented on the website.
|Send an e-mail to:
|Call us at:
|Send correspondence to:
166 North Main Street
Andover, MA 01810